AIR VENTURES CHOBE
*Please note – no balloon safaris will be undertaken in this region in 2022
AirVentures offers balloon safaris over a vast concession known as the Seloko Plains in the Chobe Region of Botswana.
Situated 45 minutes south of the town, Kasane, the Seloko Plains are an important wildlife corridor, extending from Zimbabwe to join up with, the Chobe National Park, and the Kasane Forest Reserve.
A diverse habitat with large tracts of forest which open up into wide open grassland plains, the area offers a variety of wildlife species to be viewed from the hot air balloon.
A welcoming greeting by the pilot, followed with a safety briefing and demonstration of the boarding and landing procedures for the balloon, gets you set and ready for take-off! The flight launches just prior to sunrise and will drift across the Seloko Plains with the cool winds of the morning. The pilot will expertly navigate the balloon using only the winds at various altitudes. The chance of sighting wildlife adds to the excitement of the flight, elevated by the heart pounding anticipation of spotting one of the Big Five.
A wide variety of wildlife, in an equally wide variety of terrain and vegetation types, can be viewed as the balloon floats unhindered across this great African Wilderness. The diversity of the fauna and flora, and the encounters between the two, provide for some spectacular photographic opportunities, especially from the unique vantage point the balloon offers. A scenic area in the bush will be selected for the traditional champagne celebration, to toast this age-old adventure.
A presentation by the pilot of your commemorative flight certificate concludes a memorable morning. The awaiting guides then take you back to your Camp for a well-deserved breakfast.
AT A GLANCE:
- Minimum of 2 and a maximum of 8 guests
- Only available between 1 May to 30 September
- Can be pre-booked when making a reservation with An African Anthology or can be booked at Elephant Valley Lodge or with AirVentures directly
- Hot air balloon activity replaces morning activity at the lodge
- Children – children under the age of 7 years are permitted on request and approval from AirVentures, a parent or guardian must accompany any child under the age of 16
- Keeping with tradition, on landing, the flight will be celebrated with sparkling wine and orange juice
- Location – over the Chobe region, Botswana
- Drive Time – Approximately 45-minute transfer to the balloon launch site